The ultimate 3D production system
The Fortus 900mc is the most powerful FDM system available, delivering remarkable agility, sharp accuracy and high return on investment. With 12 real thermoplastic options and a massive build envelope, its only real competition is the old way of doing things.
The Fortus 900mc 3D Production System builds durable, accurate, repeatable parts as large as 914 x 610 x 914 mm (36 x 24 x 36 in.) with two material bays for maximum unattended build time.
Three layer thickness options let you strike just the right balance between fine feature detail and FDM’s fastest build. For demanding functional prototypes, production parts, jigs, fixtures and factory tooling, the 900mc works with 12 real thermoplastics that meet a range of material performance requirements.
The Fortus 900mc builds parts in 12 production-grade engineering thermoplastics:
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ASA in 10 colors for great mechanical strength, UV stability and the best aesthetics
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic.
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
914 x 610 x 914 mm (36 x 24 x 36 in.)
Two bays each for material and support canisters
For maximum material capacity and up to 400 hours of unattended run time, the optional Fortus Plus upgrade enables Xtend 500 Fortus Plus material use.
Fortus Plus Upgrade option:
A half-day customer support visit aligns material capabilities with Fortus Plus Systems, so you can access a growing list of FDM thermoplastics and share inventory across the complete range of Fortus 3D Production Systems.
- 0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
- 0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
- 0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO, ULTEM and PPSF; soluble or break-away for PC
2772 x 1683 x 2027 mm (109.1 x 66.3 x 79.8 in.)/with crate: 3287 kg (7247 lbs.), without crate: 2869 kg (6325 lbs.)
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .09 mm (± .0035 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
- 230VAC nominal three-phase service with 5% regulation
- 230VAC as measured phase-to-phase; 50 Hz or 60Hz; 40 Amp circuit
Special facility requirements:
The Fortus 900mc comes with GrabCAD Print and Insight Software that make it easier for you to manage and control your printing projects.